It takes a clear and persistent message to raise public awareness of the value of the arts. In many arenas—including a national public awareness campaign and awards for national arts leadership—Americans for the Arts puts the arts in the spotlight. Americans for the Arts invests in increased visibility opportunities by:
- Create new national public service advertising campaigns about the value of the arts and arts education like Art. Ask for More.
- Increase partnerships with network and cable television, radio, and print media
- Increase public recognition of leadership events like The National Arts Awards, The BCA TEN: Best Companies Supporting the Arts in America, and the Public Leadership in the Arts Awards
- Expand National Arts & Humanities Month activities and coverage
- Expand targeted advertising and op-ed placements
- Create an Artists Committee of prominent artists from all disciplines
- Establish more opportunities for coverage of arts and civic dialogue work, public art, arts education, and other key areas of local cultural achievement