news and networking
Starting a Local Emerging Leaders Network
A local Emerging Leaders Network is comprised of a group of emerging arts managers in a region who are interested in growing professionally together. Whether you're interested in finding out more about a network near you, or you're thinking about starting one up in your area or on your university's campus, the information below will point you in the right direction.
Is there a network near me?
Check out our National Roster of current Emerging Leader Networks. Don't see a network near you? Read on to learn how to start one!
How do I start an Emerging Leaders Network in my community or on my university's campus?
- Tips on how to get your network started.
- Tune in for an On-Demand webinar:
Starting and Sustaining an Emerging Leaders Network
Presented by: David Seals, Programs Manager, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council; Vice Chair, Emerging Leaders Council
Moderated by: Stephanie Evans, Local Arts Agency Services Coordinator, Americans for the Arts
(Webinar is available to professional members of Americans for the Arts)
- Read overviews of how other networks operate. Currently available:
- Pittsburgh Emerging Arts Leaders Network [PDF, 347 KB]
- Emerging Arts Professionals/San Francisco Bay Area (EAP/SFBA) [PDF, 79 KB]
- Arts Leadership Lab Seattle/King County and Tacoma/Pierce County [PDF, 395 KB]
- genARTS Silicon Valley [PDF, 69 KB]
- Emerging Arts Leaders of Washington, DC (EALDC) [PDF, 259 KB]
- Contact an Emerging Leaders Council Member for advice and support.
Students or program administrators may utilize the above resources, as well as our University Emerging Leader Chapter Toolkit [PDF, 665 KB].
SAMPLE Membership Form Template [PDF, 307 KB]
SAMPLE Election Process [PDF, 423 KB]
SAMPLE Committee Job Descriptions [PDF, 544 KB]
I'm ready to officially start my network!
Great! Please email the following information to Stephanie Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name of your network
- The area you serve/will serve
- Your contact information
- Your network website (if applicable)
Additional Questions? Contact Stephanie Hanson, Leadership Development Program Manager at email@example.com or 202-371-2830.